|Name of the project
||Ananthagiri, Paderu Agency Area
||Tribals of Paderu Agency area
|Aims & Objectives
- Harnessing knowledge base of communities
- To transfer the community friendly technologies and dissemination of successful practices for replication and better management of natural resources towards improved and sustainable agricultural practice.
|Goal of the project
||To create livelihood for the tribal people of this area.
- peoples knowledge is translated in to action through grounding integrated activities like land and water management
- ponds with earthen bonds is grounded with vegetative treatment and the surplus water is diverted for irrigation.
- APHRDS has executed 7 Gravitational Water Flow System (GWFS) to provision safe and portable drinking based on the interest and need of the community in 2008-09.
- initiatives on off-farm livelihoods intervention to diversify the livelihood basket of the tribals were taken up in Ananthagiri in coordination with Marketing and Research Team (MART).
- beneficiaries have been exposed to Bee keeping intervention at Elluru of West Godavari district
- Capacity Building of Civil Supplies Co-operatives
- Environmental Education in the Tribal Villages
- Collection Processing Value Addition of NTFPS ( Amla, Nelavemu, Add leaf, Tamarind etc,.) for their (Tribal) Sustainble Livelihoods
||Tribals of the paderu agency are benefitted by these programme
- APHRDS has ensured giving focus on the remotest and inaccessible area where no government initiatives have been taken up to execute the livelihood programmes.
- At present there are 210 Bee Keeping units are in place and in some of the places first harvesting had taken place.
- Now the tribals are happy and getting their livelihood.